The Accounts Payable and Payroll Specialist provides accounts payable and payroll services and assistance to the Seton Collaborative, school(s) and other entities as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares, verifies and transmits biweekly payroll using the Diocesan payroll vendor.
- Maintains approved vendor files.
- Prepares vendor checks including coding and payments of approved invoices using QuickBooks.
- Coordinates with Diocesan Human Resources and Human Resources for Schools.
- Runs reports utilizing various systems upon request
- Performs month end bank, credit card, and other reconciliations.
- Audits, organizes and maintains financial and other records.
- Processes 1099 forms each year.
- Assists with special projects.
- Responds efficiently and professionally to routine inquiries.
- Ensures all work is completed in compliance with Seton Collaborative policies and procedures.
- Keeps manager informed with status of work and any issues needing escalation.
- Works independently and as a member of a team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in business or other related-discipline, or equivalent experience; Bachelor’s Degree in business or other related-discipline preferred.
- Three to six years prior related experience including experience with Quickbooks, accounts payable and payroll.
- Collaborative and cooperative in all interactions; service focused.
- Must be willing to travel within the Diocese of Bridgeport (Fairfield County), have a valid drivers’ license and have available transportation.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Strong knowledge and skills in Quickbooks and payroll software; Paycor experience preferred..
- Prior experience in data management systems preferred.
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion and handle details of confidential nature.
- Ability to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner requiring minimal oversight.
- Ability to efficiently organize work, work under pressure and effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent writing, proofing and editing skills.
- Solid problem solving and time management skills
- Excellent communications skills by phone and in person.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to interact and collaborate with diverse groups of people.
- Conscientious and highly organized with sharp attention to detail.
- A strong work ethic and desire to exceed expectations.
- Ability to work required schedule.
- Active member of a parish/faith community in good standing with the Church preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org